Thursday, July 28, 2011

Roadshow 2011: Week 3

A quiet week this week, we didn't venture too far afield, and didn't we choose the right week to stay home with snow on the ground over much of the country. We even had a dusting on the outskirts of Wanganui.
With Wanganui as our hub we restricted our visits to Marton and Levin. It was a week to put in a few hours at my other job at Opus and to demonstrate to the boss that I am still on top of things.
A very attentive audience a Marton
At Marton Rotary Club Margaret met someone she was a bridesmaid for and went Maxwell School with, Richard Stevens, we met another Margaret Smith (father named Bob) and I met a Rotarian of 56 years, Fred Rubery.
Fred Rubery, a Marton Rotarian with 56 years service
This club also boasts three members on District committees, Andy Watson, Vocational Study Exchange Convenor, Lyndon Tamblyn, Shelterbox Response Team, and Barbara Pratt, International Service, sorry International Relations Committee. It is great to see the involvement of Heartland Club members on District Committees.
Past DG Allan Birrell, Levin President Pam Good ( with bling to match mine) , Margaret and me, AG Christine Osborne
At the Levin Club, home club of Past DG Allan Birrell ,the sergeant took great pains to remind me that Allan's conference had been held in Wanganui and that it was such a huge success that he doubted I would be able to emulate it. The challenge is accepted Geoffrey. My thanks to AGs Stuart Campbell and Christine Osborne for accompanying me .

No comments:

Post a Comment