Monday, September 26, 2011

International Youth Exchange

At International Assembly in January Rotary International President Kalyan Banerjee talked about the International Youth Exchange ( IYE ) Programme and described it as a stellar programme of Rotary. On Saturday 24th September I dropped in to the Tatum Park Conference Centre to our Youth Exchange Orientation weekend. There were 10 Inwards and 11 Outwards students present and what a great bunch of talented young people they are. I urge you all to take the opportunity to invite them to speak at our clubs. Our vocational programmes set us apart from other service clubs. I want to pay tribute to John O'Connell and his committees for the magnificent work they do in arranging these exchanges, and to the parents and the counsellors who contribute so much of their time to make these events so worthwhile. I am very ,very proud of them all. This programme is building friendships throughout the world and in doing so contributing to our goal of better understanding of our divergent cultures and world peace.

I was invited to give a 'View From The Top' to the group and received a bouquet for my efforts . I love carnations.



The 10 incoming students. Note the gender imbalance

The full group of 21 students - 10 inwards, 11 outwards

No comments:

Post a Comment