Sunday, August 21, 2011

Wanganui South

We always feel very much at home at Wanganui South and this visit was no exception.

I was invited to induct new member Leo Brown, always a pleasure of course, but this one was a little different. In a previous Blog I recorded that I had struck the trifecta - a namesake, an Engineer and an old school friend of Margaret's all at one club. Well new member Leo also has a relationship , somewhat unusual albeit, with Margaret. See the explanatory photographs below.

Some people have long memories don't they ? Forty years on, well a little more actually, Graeme Carter, an ex-Sergeant by -the- way, tipped the current Sergeant, who happens to be Past World President Bill Boyd's nephew, that I was a Prefect at Nelson College and gave him a fatigue ( detention) for running in the corridor. That cost me aplenty I can tell you.

For the record I also unmasked this happy night the culprit who had advised Margaret that she was entitled to a $100 a month clothing allowance. I might have guessed it Brian Foley.

Keep up the excellent work Rick Hutton. Rick has two portfolios, Membership and Public Relations and a very large committee from which he has created four sub-committees with specific briefs. I look forward to hearing about some exciting results from this initiative Rick.
Social interaction before the Club meeting at Wanganui South  

Has Leo got a foot fetish? Well yes he has. He is a podiatrist and Margaret is one of his clients

Let's not forget the partners of our Rotarians; new member Leo flanked by his wife Dianne and Margaret


Back to a favourite haunt of ours, The Rutland Arms , afterwards for a coffee




No comments:

Post a Comment