Thursday, August 4, 2011

Welcome to the 'Naki

"Welcome to the 'Naki " is the greeting as we enter the meeting places in New Plymouth. They are a friendly lot and they have their prioriies right up here - family, work, rugby and Rotary. And I think I might have work and rugby in the wrong order. Taranaki gave Auckland a bath last Sunday and Rotary matters had to be postponed that day! My Aunt and cousins in Auckland will read this but they know where my allegiance is, Canterbury and the Crusaders first and then any team in the Hurricanes franchise. This trip I am visiting 5 clubs in Northern New Plymouth. Here is a photographic record of the first of them.

New Plymouth Club

I receive the Taupiripiri (talking cane) first presented to PDG Stewart Frame , from my Wanganui Club and still a member, back in 1982, from President Brian Sourness, New Plymouth West Rotary Club


With Shamrose from Pakistan, a member of New Plymouth West Rotary Club. A young Rotarian of non-European extraction. We need more of both in Rotary.

New Plymouth West promised me they will be well-represented at Conference 2012. Snapped with Donna and President Brian Sourness










To be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment